Have you ever tried losing weight using different diets and cookbooks? Most of the time, it doesn’t do well. Food is vital in our lives, but the fact is that it is so easy for food to become the body’s enemy. If you eat the wrong kind of food, it can quickly make you gain pounds or worse, cause health issues.
It would be good to have a way of cooking delicious and healthy food that also promotes weight loss. Then you and everybody else won’t have to worry about gaining extra weight. Today, you will find so many cookbooks and diet programs that aim to help you stay healthy and lose weight. Although they have the best intentions, you sometimes can’t help but still struggle.
Author Karine Losier aims to help with this issue through her book titled Metabolic Cooking. It is a diet program with an uncomplicated plan, easy-to-find ingredients, and structured instructions. How will this program help you stay healthy and slim? We will find out all about that in this Metabolic Cooking review.
What is Metabolic Cooking?
The Metabolic Cooking book is a diet program rich with information on health and weight loss. It is not only a single ebook, but dozens gathered into one. It contains around 250 recipes, supplementary materials, and a lot of information on food, healthy eating, and dieting. It is jam-packed with impressive tips and advice on how you can achieve your ideal weight and health.
Some of the things you can learn from this fat loss cookbook are:
- Breakfast recipes to help balance your fat, carbs, and protein, so you can burn more calories every day.
- Delicious chicken recipes with great protein content, allowing you to enjoy even if you are on a diet.
- Plenty of fish and seafood recipes, pork meal recipes, vegetarian recipes, recipes for sides, and more.
- Exotic recipes, desserts, paleo recipes, budget meals, post-workout shakes and smoothies, and more.
- Besides recipes, it contains bonus materials to help achieve your weight loss aim and stay healthy.
You can probably find many diet systems, health guides, or weight loss programs that also contains hundreds of recipes. But the main difference that makes the Metabolic Cooking Program stand out is that it deals with the 3 big problems that most weight loss cookbooks have. More importantly, this cookbook addresses the issue of metabolic adaptation phenomenon.
About the Author
Two people authored this book; Karen Losier and Dave Ruel, her other half. The authors of Metabolic Cooking is a husband-and-wife team who used their knowledge and experience to write a book that will others achieve their diet and health goals.
Karen is recognized in the industry having been dubbed the “Lean Kitchen Queen.” It is all because of her expertise in culinary arts. She is especially fascinated with coming up with new ways to cook healthy food by changing up the common culinary techniques a bit. Of course, Karen promises that the taste or appeal is not sacrificed when she crafts her recipes.
Besides her culinary skills, she also has knowledge in psychology, having earned a master’s degree in it. It is what allowed her to understand the issues of the mind related to health and weight that a lot of people often encounter. It is what helped her create Metabolic Cooking while also keeping in mind how to motivate and help change habits effectively.
Dave is Karen’s husband and partner in business. He is the one behind the nutrition aspect of the book. It is his expertise in bodybuilding and nutrition that he is recognized as the “muscle cook.” Besides this fat loss cookbook, he also authored another book, “Anabolic Cookbook.” Together with Karen, he created a healthy yet exciting eating plan in Metabolic Cooking.
What Will You Learn?
What is metabolic cooking? It is a full packaged cookbook with everything you need to lose weight healthily. It does not include a single ebook, but dozens of them, filled with healthy and delicious recipes. Moreover, you can learn a lot about healthy eating, dieting, and food, from details on every type of food to how to prepare them.
The book contains different sections, each with different information that can help you. Some of those sections are:
9 Different Cookbooks
- Breakfast – Includes an explanation of how breakfast impacts quick weight loss. It also includes 20 different breakfast options such as pancake recipes (Blueberry Protein Pancakes and Appel Oatmeal Pancakes), comfort foods (Almond Butter Cup Oatmeal and Chocolate French Toast), egg dishes (Pizza Omelet and Huevos Mexicanos), and protein-rich treats (Spinach Egg Wrap and Creamy Peach Oatmeal).
- Chicken & Poultry – Meat is usually included in dieting, but in this cookbook, it is a little different. The meat recipes here are spiced up so they are extra scrumptious and also quick to start your weight loss. Some of the chicken and poultry recipes included in the book are the Spicy Peanut Chicken, Metabolic Turkey Muffins, as well as stir-fried dishes like Thai Basil Chicken Stir Fry.
- Side Dishes – Includes 30 options for side dishes that use high-quality ingredients. The first 15 dishes are “Free Veggie-sides,” meaning there is no need to count calories or keep in mind serving limits. It also includes “Carbo-sides” recipes that use carbohydrates that won’t ever make you feel guilty.
- Red Meat – While this food is usually avoided when we talk about dieting, it is not all bad. Metabolic Cooking includes healthy and tasty red meat recipes for those who enjoy it. It includes mouthwatering steak recipes (Steak Au Poivre and Argentina-style Steak), homestyle favorites (Smothered Burgers), and rich, flavorful Asian-style dishes (Chop Suey Hamburg).
- Vegetarian – This cookbook is also for vegetarians, vegans, or anyone who want to take a break from eating meat, but still want delicious, tasty meals. The authors aren’t exactly expert in vegetarian dishes, but they did ask other experienced individuals. With these chef’s help, they created some amazing recipes such as Egg Salad Sandwich, Baked Banana Nut Oatmeal, and Peanut Butter Nut Fudge.
- Fish & Seafood – The beauty of fish is it has an excellent balance of proteins and healthy fats that the body needs, not to mention minerals. Metabolic Cooking has plenty of delicious fish recipes in it, such as Salmon Patties, Tuna Chowder, Stir-Fried Scallops, Noodle-less Shrimp Pad Thai, and the Pizza Tilapia.
- Pork – A lot of people love pork, but it isn’t the healthiest protein. It is not as clean as poultry or beef, although it is rich in B vitamins and certain minerals. Because of those, pork is still included in the Metabolic Cooking cookbook. Some of its recipes with pork include Pork Tandoori, Chili Lime Pork Strips, Mint Pork Stir-Fry, and Mu Shu Pork Wraps.
- Snacks – There are also tasty snack recipes in the book, so that should not be a problem for people who like sweets and the like. Some of the favorite snacks recipes in the book are the Apple Oats Snack Bars, Strawberry Parfait, Greek Banana Pudding, Quick Protein Guacamole, and more.
- Smoothies – Everybody loves a good smoothie. Smoothies are absolutely delicious whether they are milk-based, yoghurt-based, juice-based, or water-based. Depending on how they are made, they can be quite healthy and good for weight loss. Some of the smoothie recipes in the book include Extreme Chocolate Smoothie, Blue Bomber Smoothie, Atomic Smoothie, and Choco-Nuttie Smoothie.
Besides the 9 cookbooks that include quick and easy to make recipes, as well as healthy and delicious salad ideas to boost metabolism, this cookbook also has plenty of bonus materials. These are:
- Fat Loss Optimizer Guide and Nutrition Guide
- Supplements guide to support your health and metabolism
- 10 rules to keep in mind looking what to cook
- Quick sheets for reference when cooking
- Paleo recipes
- Lean and Healthy Breakfasts, Vol. 1
- All Around the World (healthy recipes from all over the globe)
- Dessert Decadence (book on preparing fat-burning desserts)
- Recipes from the Islands
- Tasty Meals on a Budget
- 5-Minute Delicious Creations
- Eggztazia (egg-centric recipe book)
- Post-Workout Shakes
- Other reference materials such as food logs, grocery lists, and more
3-Step Metabolic Solution
Metabolic Cooking provides a fix in your slow metabolism, reversing it to speed up fat loss. Based on the ebook, there are three steps that the reader needs to follow to make this happen. The book’s fat-burning protocol involves:
- Following the Metabolic Nutri-Profile
The Metabolic Nutri-Profile details what can be considered safe food to eat at various times of the day. Increasing a person’s fat loss potential involves different food combinations. In the book’s nutrition profile, there will be recipes listed to tell you if they are fat burning friendly at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or any other time of the day.
- Using the Food Cycling Trick
In the book, there include different nutrient sources meant to fight metabolic slowdown. Its aim is for you to choose new foods besides egg whites, chicken or protein powder. It will provide you with other sources of nutrient to support your diet.
- Using Thermocharged Fat-Burning Ingredients
The goal of this diet program is to make the food work for you. It happens by choosing ingredients that can boost your metabolism simply by eating them. It includes combinations of foods that add to your efforts of burning fat.
Pros & Cons
What you’ll love:
- Hundreds of Recipes – The cookbook has an amazing collection of recipes that are easy to make and made of nutritious ingredients with full potential for fat burning.
- The Salad Ideas – One of the most amazing parts of the cookbook is its versatile salad ideas. They are fantastic recipes with plenty of information on how to make your own.
- Nutritional Information – Every recipe contains nutritional information from the number of calories to the grams of carbs and protein. These are quite useful for someone who stays strict on their calorie intake.
- Simple Instructions – The recipes aren’t at all complicated. They usually include only 5 to 10 steps that are quite easy to follow.
- Easy-to-Use Ingredients – Not all of the ingredients are handy, but you can mostly find them at local supermarkets. Some of them you will probably find at specialty stores, but the dishes are worth it.
What you may not love:
- Vegetarian Recipes – As the authors admit, they aren’t experts on vegetarian recipes. As such, they might not suit all vegans’ taste.
- No Food Photos – Without photos, the cookbook seems a little lacking.
- Layout and Color – The color green and layout used for the book isn’t that good for the eyes.
- Lack of Explanation on Metabolism – The book says it is about metabolism, but it wasn’t explained in the book indepthly.
Does the Product Work?
Does Metabolic Cooking actually work? In terms of tasty, healthy recipes, it definitely has some incredible options. The sheer number of recipes available in the book ensures that you will find one that will suit your taste as well as weight loss goals. It is not only the number of recipes but also the comprehensive information on the book one of the best diet systems in the market.
It has some areas to improve, as to be expected with most things in life, though, but it is an excellent support if you are trying to live healthy and shed some fat at the same time. It delivers its promise of easy-to-follow recipes with various flavors and taste. It is little money for rich information, which is even more amazing because Metabolic Cooking comes with a moneyback guarantee if you are not satisfied.
Overall, this cookbook is a great value. It could be better, but it works for countless people. Of course, eating it is not enough. Losing weight involves more than dieting. There are other factors that support healthy living, which cooking, and dieting are only one part. Still, Metabolic Cooking does its part of making sure you have a reliable reference for good food.
The Metabolic Cooking Program has some downsides. However, that does not make the book lose its value at all. For a cheap price, you can already get 9 different books with 250+ recipes and information. That is something you cannot get from other cookbooks these days.